No data found
- The USS Enterprise was attacked by Khan Noonien Singh, who wanted revenge from Kirk for marooning him on Ceti Alpha V. The Enterprise was heavily damaged, and was destroyed later in the year.
- Captain K'Tal became a member of the Klingon High Council, and command of the IKS Ko'Was was given to legendary Klingon warrior Kang.
- The USS Excelsior, Starfleet's first Excelsior-class starship, is commissioned.
- Admiral James T. Kirk steals the USS Enterprise in an attempt to rescue Spock, revived by the effects of the Genesis Planet. USS Grissom is destroyed by a Klingon Bird-of-Prey commanded by Kruge. The Enterprise is destroyed to prevent it from falling into Klingon hands. Kirk and his crew return to Vulcan in the Klingon Bird-of-Prey, where Spock's memory is restored with the fal-tor-pan ritual.
- USS Hathaway, a Constellation-class starship, is launched from Copernicus Ship Yards, Luna.
- According to Spock, Cyrano Jones would've finished cleaning Deep Space Station K-7 from tribbles this year.
- Joran wrote a musical piece.
- Following the death of Torias in a shuttlecraft accident, the Dax symbiont is joined with Joran.
- An alien probe, dubbed the 'Whale Probe', disables Starfleet and Klingon ships, and causes serious damage to Earth's atmosphere. It is discovered that the probe was sent to contact the species Megaptera novaeangliae or humpback whale, which had, however, been hunted to extinction in the 21st century. Admiral James T. Kirk is able to retrieve two members of the species from the year 1986, and avert further catastrophe. The probe leaves Federation space, and the disabled ships are restored.
- Due to the Whale Probe threat, Earth enters a state of emergency, a state that would not be utilized again until the Borg threat of 2366/2367.
- After spending three months in exile on Vulcan, James T. Kirk and his crew are put on trial for their actions during the Genesis incident. All charges but one are dismissed, and Kirk is demoted to the rank of captain in punishment for the remaining charge.
- Stardate 8442.5: The USS Enterprise-A is launched under the command of Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
- Butler, Kirk's dog, dies.
- On Acamar III, the Tralesta clan is almost exterminated by their arch-enemies from the Lornak clan in the Tralesta Massacre.
- Stardate 8615.2: Six months after joining with the Dax symbiont, Joran dies. The symbiont is then joined with Curzon.
- James T. Kirk, Spock, and Leonard McCoy visit Yosemite National Park for their shore leave. Kirk nearly dies from falling off of El Capitan while climbing it, but is saved by Spock and his levitation boots.
- Spock's half-brother, the renegade Vulcan Sybok captures the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan ambassadors on Nimbus III.
- Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the new USS Enterprise-A are pressed back into service. Sybok hijacks the Enterprise and forces the ship to travel through the Great Barrier in search of the planet Sha Ka Ree and God. They find Sha Ka Ree and a very powerful lifeform trapped at the center of the galaxy.
- After the journey to Sha Ka Ree, the senior staff of the Enterprise-A take a photograph together on the bridge.
- A Federation starship suffers an unexplained ship-wide systems failure for the last time until 2366.
- A Cardassian colony is established on Goralis III.
- T'Meni and her husband, both of Vulcan, send their son Tuvok to Starfleet Academy, as it was their wish that he become a Starfleet officer. Feeling obliged to honor his parent's wishes Tuvok consents to attend.
- Negotiations between the Federation and the Klingon Empire take place on the Korvat colony. At the time, Curzon Dax was representing the Federation, while Kang represented the Klingons.
- The USS Excalibur is commissioned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.